Adventures in crafting, creating, organizing, and and any other "ing" I may think of while living my dream of being a stay at home mommy.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Patriotic Wreath

I truly love looking at other blogs.  Especially the craft ones!  I love getting ideas and making them my own.  
A few months ago I happened to find rosettes.  I love them!  I am so drawn to them and don't quite know why.  Possibly because it is a craft I seem to be able to do with ease.
My first attempt at rosettes yielded quite a bumper crop of brightly colored red and white flowers of all sizes.  
This project truly takes minimal amounts of fabric and the cost for me was under Five dollars to make.  That's right folks...under 5!!!



Items needed: fabric for flowers (I always have scrap fabric on hand...be creative - if you don't have fabric use that old tshirt with a hole in it, an old towel, scrap ribbon, ANYTHING!), straw wreath (or whatever kind you can get), old t-shirt (bought mine at Goodwill),  scissors, hot glue or fabric glue.

I cut the shirt into strips and hot glued them around the wreath.  Note- I got a small shirt and I would definitely recommend a large shirt, especially if you are using a 16" wreath.  
Next - my favorite!!! Make your rosettes. 
Be warned, you will burn your fingers!
Here are the results...(Too hard to pick my favorite)







Last step, glue those babies onto your new wreath. 
Here's a closeup:
I also found a super cute USA sign at Dollar Tree and hung him right in the middle of the wreath.  I love the end product, and such satisfaction!

Happy 4th of July!  
Just imagine all the possibilities for a wreath like this.  
You could make a color for every season.  
I can't wait to see what you make!

No comments:

Post a Comment